Town Hall Events
Virtual Town Hall – Nov. 1, 2021
Grand County and Northern Water officials will answer questions about the Emergency Watershed Protection Program during a virtual Town Hall meeting planned for 5:30 to 7 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 1. Because of ongoing protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the meeting will be conducted on the online Zoom meeting portal. The Virtual Town Hall is open to the public to join.
Topics to be addressed include updates on fire recovery projects, EWP funding status and current postfire impacts.
- Who: Property owners in the identified areas of concern (Area A and Area B).
- When: 5:30-7 p.m., Monday, Nov. 1
- Where: Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Webinar ID: 892 5115 6464
Attendees will need to download and install the Zoom app on their computer prior to joining.
- Why: To provide fire recovery updates and answer questions about the EWP Program
Town Hall - July 26, 2021, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Heckert Pavilion in Town Square Park, 1025 Grand Ave., Grand Lake
Grand County, Northern Water and partners of the Emergency Watershed Protection Program provided fire recovery updates and answered questions about the EWP Program. The agenda included an overview of the EWP Program, funding overview and project updates. During the presentations we provided several posters with information and have posted those below.
- Burn Severity Map
- Land Ownership Map
- Area B Map
- Water Quality Impacts
- Colorado Real Time Precipitation
- Project Overview
- Funding Overview
Virtual Town Hall - April 8, 2021
Grand County and Northern Water officials answered questions about the Emergency Watershed Protection Program during a Town Hall meeting on April 8. Because of ongoing protocols to prevent the spread of COVID-19, the meeting was conducted on the online Zoom meeting portal.
Topics addressed included an overview of the EWP Program, a discussion of the scheduling and phasing of potential projects, landowner agreements and match fund requirements.
- An Overview of the Emergency Watershed Protection Program - Presented by Esther Vincent, Northern Water
- USDA and NRCS Emergency Watershed Protection Program for the East Troublesome Fire - Presented by Katherine Morris, Grand County, and Kyle Whitaker, Northern Water