Records Request

Northern Water and its Municipal Subdistrict are quasi-municipal subdivisions of the State of Colorado. As such, Northern Water is subject to the requirements of the Colorado Open Records Act, C.R.S. 24-72-201, et seq. (commonly known as “CORA”) which provides that,  “...the official custodian of any public records may make such rules and regulations with reference to the inspection of such public records as are reasonably necessary for the protection of such public records and the prevention of unnecessary interference with the regular discharge of the duties of the custodian of his office.” 

Record requests should include: 

  • The name and/or agency (if any) making the request 
  • The contact information for a response, including address, phone number and email 
  • Specific dates, features, projects, topics, etc.

Records that qualify per CORA for public inspections will be made available at Northern Water’s Berthoud headquarters between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday by appointment. Records can also be copied (depending on format) and provided to requesters based on the following fees. 


  • 8.5-by-11-inch paper copies: 25 cents per page; first five pages are gratis 
  • Microfilm images to paper: 25 cents per page 
  • 11-by-17-inch paper copies: 30 cents per page 
  • Facsimile (faxed) pages: 25 cents per page, limit 40 pages 
  • Electronic images: Actual cost of delivery device used; no charge for electronic transmission 
  • Maps and aerial photos: Actual costs as determined


  • Research and collection: $33 per hour; first hour is gratis as mandated by Colorado Revised Statute. 
  • Cost estimates will be provided upon request.  

Submitting Requests

Formal requests for records access should be made using the Public Records Request Form and either mailed or emailed to: 

Northern Water, Attn. Records Custodian
220 Water Ave., Berthoud, CO 80513

Most requests for Northern Water information may not require a formal CORA process. To request general information, please call 800-369-7246 or email  

Public Records Request Form Public Records Request Policy