Vice President, Municipal Subdistrct
Current Term: Sept. 28, 2017 - Sept. 28, 2021
Director Since: Sept. 28, 2005
Bill Emslie has a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from the United States Naval Academy and a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering from Michigan State University. He also attended Colorado State University and the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power School. Emslie is a retired captain in the United States Navy.
He is a senior project engineer for construction of utility generation and transmission projects at Platte River Power Authority and manages its water resources. He has also done electronic controls testing for Horizon Technology, energy conservation engineering for the Public Service Company of New Mexico and nuclear submarine service for the United States Navy’s nuclear submarine operations.
Emslie's professional civic organization experience includes:
- Platte River Power Authority’s representative to Windy Gap Participants’ Committee since 1992
- American Public Power Association, Demonstration of Energy Efficient Developments, board of directors
- Boy Scouts of America Longs Peak Council, board of trustees member and vice president of district operations
- Association of the United States Navy, immediate past vice president of professional development
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, member
- Rotary Club of Fort Collins, after work past president; currently chair of International Service
- Fort Collins Area United Way, past president and campaign chair
- Poudre School District, past chair of mill levy increase to support budget
- Shamrock Irrigation Company, president
He has been an Eagle Scout, a Trident Scholar at the United States Naval Academy, and a Leadership Fort Collins participant.
Emslie is actively involved in irrigation at his farm north of Fort Collins, where he cuts and bales hay. He enjoys hiking, fishing and farming. He and his wife, Tracey, have one daughter, Alexis, and three sons: David, Andrew and Charles.