President, Municipal Subdistrct
Current Term: Sept. 28, 2021 - Sept. 28, 2025
Director Since: Sept. 28, 2005
Bill Emslie has a Bachelor of Science degree in electrical engineering from the United States Naval Academy and a Master of Science degree in electrical engineering from Michigan State University. He also attended Colorado State University and the U.S. Navy Nuclear Power School. Emslie is a retired captain in the United States Navy having served in the Navy Nuclear Submarine Force in both active duty and reserve assignments.
He is retired from Platte River Power Authority where he was a senior project engineer for construction of utility generation and transmission projects. He also managed Platte River’s water resources. He has also done electronic controls testing for Horizon Technology and energy conservation engineering for the Public Service Company of New Mexico.
Emslie's professional civic organization experience includes:
- Past president Boy Scouts of America Longs Peak Council and current member of the board of trustees
- Past District Governor for Rotary District 5440
- Rotary Club of Fort Collins, after work past president and current member
- Fort Collins Area United Way, past president and campaign chair
- American Public Power Association, Demonstration of Energy Efficient Developments, Past Board Chair and member board of directors
- Poudre School District, past chair of mill levy increase to support budget
- Association of the United States Navy, past vice president of professional development
- Shamrock Irrigation Company, member and past president
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, member
He is an Eagle Scout, a Trident Scholar at the United States Naval Academy and a Leadership Fort Collins participant.
Emslie co-manages his family farm north of Fort Collins where they produce hay. He enjoys hiking, fishing and farming. He and his wife, Tracey, have one grown daughter, Alexis, and three grown sons: David, Andrew and Charles.